Thursday, May 10, 2007

We are the Teenagers.



I remember the first time I heard the Teenagers. My girlfriend, Tori, had 'Homecoming' as her profile song on myspace. First I was slightly shocked, but it grew on me. So much so that I have spent the past few months since then trying to track down as much of their material as possible. For those of you who haven't come across the Teens yet (seriously, you must have?), you may have heard some of their distinctive remixes for New Young Pony Club, Au Revoir Simone and Simian Mobile Disco, to name just a few. 'Sleeping Bag' is a track I haven't seen featured on any blogs, and although this version is tagged the Yo version, I haven't a clue what the original version sounds like. All I know is that this track share a similar haunting vibe in its sound as 'Homecoming', the lyrics verging on the pervy (Tori and I are pretty certain that the lyrics say "I'm feeling all erect" - yet to be confirmed). If anyone knows where you can catch the original version, please shout!

'Homecoming' is set to be their first single, out 20th May on Merok records (the label that brought you Klaxons and Crystal Castles no doubt). Backed by 'Fuck Nicole', the single is titled We are the Teenagers, the title of the second track which I have included for your pleasure. Consider it an audio calling-card of the Teenagers' sound: 2 minutes of perfect minimalist trance-pop. Or, jargon aside, just another example of why I love the Teenagers so much.

mp3: The Teenagers - Sleeping Bag (Yo version)
mp3: The Teenagers - We are the Teenagers

video: The Teenagers - Homecoming

No comments: