Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Let's make love and listen to Calvin Harris.

Welcome to the first post of my new look blog. There is a very slim chance you visited it under its old guise, One More Power-Chord and the System's Done For, but just in case I have left the old posts up, although all the downloads have now expired. Dang. So yes, welcome to We Were Rockstars. I am Graham. There is a chance that I will be joined by James, and possibly Paul if I can persuade him.

CSS

As you may be aware, CSS have re-recorded and re-released 'Let's make love and listen to Death From Above', originally released last summer, a sign that the label clearly can see that more money can be made off of the band now that they have had several UK tours under their belts and a ever-expanding fan base. Whilst I am normally hesitant around re-releases, it has meant that a new wave of remixes of the track have been spawned. Which is brilliant. The single comes out next Monday in the UK and is backed by remixes by Simian Mobile Disco, Hot Chip, and my personal favourite, Calvin Harris. I have not heard much by Calvin Harris apart from 'Acceptable in the 80s', which managed to infiltrate most areas of society until even my mom knew the words to it, and similar to the aforementioned track, his remix ups the electro element, twisting the song away from its former funky self. Which, once more, is brilliant. The single is out 14th May. Until then, satisfy yourself with Calvin Harris' mix.

mp3: CSS - Let's make love and listen to Death From Above (Calvin Harris remix)

No comments: