Thursday, May 10, 2007

Remixxxes by Spank Rock.



Spank Rock is one of those artists that the more I have heard by them the more I have learnt to love them, and I owe finding him to his quality remixing which led me onto his own material. The first mix of his I heard is his now classic remix of CSS's 'Let's Make Love...', whom I was thoroughly obsessed with last summer. I remember throwing it in all my mixes back in the day, and it's still a track I love to pull out and play to the day. From the intro, which still sounds like a telephone dial tone to me, to the kiss kiss kiss sounds in the second verse, it is the ultimate remix of CSS to date in my opinion (sorry Calvin!). If you haven't already heard it, I would suggest this is one remix of recent times you need in your life. Do it.

Recent exploration of my 7" singles brought to light a mix that I had previously over looked and due to not coming across it during my travels through cyber space, was very excited to find. Little did I know, but at some point I had bought a 1 track single of the now defunct Test Icicles's classic 'Circle. Square. Triangle' remixed by no other than Spank Rock. Kicking with a heavy bass line reminiscent of 'Bump' and acompanied by vocoded vocals, it was such a great feeling to find it in my possesion. For some reason I hadn't played it either, as it was still shrink-wrapped, but it is include below in all its glory. Awesome.

I'm off to see King Lear in Stratford-Upon-Avon tomorrow evening (technically today) with Sir Ian Mckellan(!!), so I won't be posting again until Saturday, so as a little prezzie to keep you occupied until then I've included a little bonus remix of Spank Rock's 'Put that Pussy on Me' by Diplo, which is by far my favourite Spank remix, so make sure you check that out too.

mp3: CSS - Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above (Spank Rock remix)
mp3: Test Icicles - Circle. Square. Triangle (Spank Rock remix)
mp3: Spank Rock - Put that Pussy on Me (Diplo tonite remix)

1 comment:

Nilina said...

I NEED the SR remix of TI!!!! My life will be complete!!!!