Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Apopalypse now.



Upon logging into my myspace account this morning I find I have a message from Apopalypse, which as far as I can discern is the work of one Phil Death. He begins by commending my blog (which I was surprised to discover is now listed on The Hype Machine!), before scolding me for neglecting his glitchy tech pop. Well, of course, me being me and not wanting to dissapoint quickly visited Apopalypse-space where I was filled with meriment to hear such musical gems as 'EID', which has a sound akin to Late of the Pier. Pulsing programmed drums, harmonious electronics and gloriously distorted vocals. And then there is 'Bolts for Brains', which sounds like a demented robot trying to play Ladytron's back catalogue simultaneously by itself, frying its circuit boards in the process.

Apopalypse are certainly one to watch, and now that they've been brought to my attention I'll be keeping an eye out for sure.

mp3: Apopalypse - 'Bolts for Brains'
mp3: Apopalypse - 'EID'

PS. Now that I'm listed on Hype I know that I'm gonna blow my bandwidth... time to look for a better file host I think!

No comments: