Saturday, June 02, 2007

pack it up, pack it in, let me begin...


Ah yes, here be the first post by me, so lets skip the tedious introductions - my name's ellie and I'm going to be your tour operator for today...

Plenty to get through here, should be packing (get kicked out of uni accommodation tomorrow morning) hence why I'm playing on the internet - I'm currently following that ancient student mantra - 'procrastination is everything'. Have spent the past few hours absorbed in the wonderful world of
ArePeopleReal, brainchild of those lovely boys the Broken Hooker Deejays.

Simply put, they reel in the likes of
Skulljuice, Les Petits Pilous and Duke Dumont and get them to do mixes, all wrapped up with a BHD mix, and an odd computerised voice for commentary. It means I have to use the oh so hated I-tunes to get them (last time it timed out on me every few minutes or so) but they're most certainly worth it. Have yet to find a word that can convey just how good these mixes are, but this comes rather close... FFBM!!!!!*

So now I've got that off my chest (have been ranting to anything with ears about the love I have for those podcasts of late) I'll continue;
Dj Mehdi and DatA have also been hustling the airwaves today, with both Lucky Boy and Morphosis burning up in a synth disco, just how I like it. Vitalic also deserve a mentioning, last week a mate gave me Ok Cowboy (remember that?! all the way back in 2005 - when I had only just surfaced from the world of indie doom!?) and it's safe to say I think I'm a little hooked. Here's Repair Machines; reminisce if you you loved it the first time round, or (if you're like me) listen and prepare to fall in love instead.

Dj Mehdi - Lucky Boy

DatA - Morphosis

Went on a bit of a music blog spree yesterday, and as my brother was with me thought I'd show him what the internet is really for. He's fallen in love with Uffie (not so surprising really) and I've become rather smitten by this little track...

Feist - Gatekeeper (Pocketknife's Faded Beach Towel Remix)

Feist also appear on the new Kitsune Maison compilation, I've listened to it a few times now, and I have to admit, I do prefer the third one, but that's not to say this one's not got it's moments - namely in Numero's Hit Pop... candyfloss colours on foreign promenades.

Numero - Hit Pop

Think I'll leave you now, as the realisation of just how much I've got to pack has just smacked me in the face. It's going to be a late one.
More will follow soon... ellie love.

p.s for those who were wondering, FFBM = full fucking bore mate.

No comments: