Monday, January 21, 2008

Post exams, pre lectures..



Woop. Finished my last exam on friday and since then have; drunk too much, wasted a day away being hungover, noticed that Aberystwyth has moved itself into a cloud, been climbing, eaten crumpets, and made postcards with far too many spelling mistakes in them for an English student.

Music wise 2008 has been bountiful, with the loan bringing the bank account into the plus figures it has resulted in me gaining far too many albums for me to type them all out (very much helped by a lovely housemate of mine :) However, I feel these definitely deserve a mention because they are just SO GOOD.

1)
Erol Alkan - Bugged Out/ Bugged In mix
2)
French Touch Anthology
3)
Shy Child - Noise Won't Stop
4)
Chromeo - Fancy Footwork

In regards to the French Touch Anthology, you most definitely get your money's worth - 4 discs costing around the same as a normal album. Currently I'm enjoying the second cd the most entitled The French Lounge however it has resulted in me daydreaming off into a world of black and white french films, where I get swept off my feet by a tall, dark, handsome french man... *sigh*

Anyhows, there are plenty of very cherry popping, heart meltingly good, bass lined beats to drag me back into the present day. Most noticably the noise is coming from those Italian boys;
Crookers, Boy 8-Bit remixes and the Herve/ Sinden/ Switch lot.

To give you a little teaser, here is one of my favourites, and my aim of the next month or so? To get this played out in Aberystwyth, where it'll catch more than just myself hook, line and sinker...

Lethal Bizzle - Selfridges Girl Not On Myspace (Boy 8-Bit remix)

Enjoy!

x E x

1 comment:

Style Salvage Steve said...

I've only just stumbled across your blog! You have great test and write extremely well! I am going to add you to my blogroll. If you are interested on the foals take on style then visit my blog http://stylesalvage.blogspot.com/2008/02/exclusive-foals-interview.html. Regardless I will stop of here to read your posts. Good work.