Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Something Glorious is About to Happen...

Okay. So I have decided to start a new blog, abandoning my livejournal, which I rarely visit, to attempt keeping a regular music related blog here on blogger. Chances are I won't be able to keep it up for long, but regardless, I will at least try.

First, a little about myself. I'm Graham, 19, and I am a first year student at University of Wales Aberystwyth studying English and Film & TV Studies. When not at Uni I reside with my parents and my sister in Telford, Shropshire, which is not far from Birmingham. My hobbies mostly revolve around music; collecting records, playing guitar, playing in a band, djaying. That said, I also enjoy art and photography, the latter being one of my great intrests which I have sadly neglected whilst at university... the price of Polaroid film (my favoured medium) being too expensive at the current time. I have also self-released several mini comics of varying (poor) quality with my good friends Robert Brown and Gareth Cutter, and between us we have our own self-publishing label, Mindlube Productions.


So we move onto why I decided to create this blog. I see a lot of other music-related blogs out there, and I thought it would be a good way of me to share my thoughts on bands, links to sites if interest and share with you links to music I feel is worthy of you checking out.

I shall begin my postings with a recent dj setlist from my set at Indiesoc (the Monday night Indie club, held in the Angel, Aberystwyth) from the 13th March 2006. Gives you a taste of the kind of thing I play during a set which is (I imagine) for an audience who wants to hear some 'hits', so to speak, rather than total obscurities. Anyway, here is what I played:

  1. The Departure - Be My Enemy
  2. The Go! Team - Bottle Rocket
  3. Supergrass - Caught By The Fuzz
  4. Mclusky - To Hell With Good Intentions
  5. The Rapture - House Of Jealous Lovers
  6. The Cure - Boys Don't Cry
  7. The Smiths - This Charming Man
  8. Pulp - Mis Shapes
  9. Joy Division - Transmission
  10. The Cribs - Hey Scenesters!
  11. Kings Of Leon - Four Kicks
  12. Bloc Party - Helicopter
  13. Test Icicles - Circle. Square. Triangle
  14. Smashing Pumpkins - Today (Request)
  15. We Are Scientists - Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt
  16. Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down
  17. Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot
  18. The Futureheads - Hounds Of Love
  19. Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To

As you can see it's mostly made up of contemporary artists, with a few classics thrown in. At some point I will post some older sets which are from different time slots, which has meant I have played tracks I wouldn't during another.


Blood Brothers - Crimes

Currently listening to:

The Blood Brothers
"Crimes" (V2; 2004)

No comments: